If you prefer all-natural fragrances rather than artificial fragrances, why not try making your own DIY vanilla perfume oil with natural ingredients?
Combining the powerful natural aromas of vanilla bean, essential oils, and nourishing carrier oils like avocado oil and vitamin E, this simple recipe allows you to create a personalized scent that is free from synthetic additives.
Not only will you avoid chemicals often found in commercial perfumes, you can customize this perfume oil with your favorite scents.
How to Make DIY Perfume Oil
The perfume oil recipe will make a little more than one ounce. You may be able to make two bottles of perfume oil if you put a little bit less in each bottle.
- ½ Vanilla Bean
- 1 Teaspoon Vitamin E Oil
- 2 Tablespoons Witch Hazel
- 3 Tablespoons Avocado Oil
- 30 Drops Vanilla Sea Salt Essential Oil
- 15 drops Bergamot Essential Oil
- 1 oz spray bottle or roll on bottle
Put the vanilla bean into your spray bottle and set aside.
Mix the Vitamin E oil with the avocado oil.
Add in your essential oils to the avocado oil mixture.
Mix the witch hazel in with the oils.
Pour the mixture into your spray bottle or add to a roller bottle.
- This homemade perfume oil is meant to be used on your skin. Do not spray the oil into the air as an air freshener.
- Shake the oil before using to combine all of the scents.
- If you would like to use other essential oils, feel free to mix and match.
- We added a vanilla bean for an extra dose of natural vanilla fragrance. However, the perfume oil will smell great without the vanilla bean, so you can omit it if you want.
- Any carrier oil can be used. It does not have to be avocado oil. The Vitamin E oil, though, is great to use because it is good for the skin.
- The longer that this oil stays in the bottle with the vanilla bean, the stronger the scent will be. Consider making this blend and allowing it to infuse for a few weeks before using.
Like this DIY perfume oil recipe? Be sure to Pin It to Pinterest!
If you want more easy homemade beauty products, see these ideas next:
- Vanilla and Chocolate Swirl Soap
- DIY Vanilla Lotion Bars
- Beeswax Lotion Bar Recipe with Essential Oils
- Whipped Coconut Oil Lotion