I only know this after reading Keith Bradford’s Life Hacks book. I kept seeing the term “Life Hack” tossed around everywhere online and never knew what the words meant. Now I know – it’s really just common sense and tips your grandma would have used.
Life hacks are in many ways a return to your grandparent’s generation, when you used what you had and found multiple uses for one product. Like substituting olive oil for shaving cream. Life hacks are duh! moments that – in today’s modern day technological age – seem brilliant, but are just plain smart ways our parents and grandparents used to live.
Keith Bradford gathered together 1,000 life hacks for his book, simply titled Life Hacks. Why is he qualified to write the book? Well, he publishes the website, 1000LifeHacks.com.
More than 90,000 Google searches are made a month for the term “life hacks” so people want to know these tips and tricks. Get Green Be Well readers will be interested in the ones that offer an easier solution to life’s everyday problems, using things that are already around the house or ingredients that are non-toxic.
Here are some great organic and natural life hacks from the book for you every day messes (and the Get Green Be Well reason why they’re healthier for you):
- Eat cucumbers to soothe a sore throat (no need to suck on the artificial ingredients found in some cough drops and medicines)
- Put dry tea bags inside your smelly sneakers to remove odors (no need to buy toxic chemical products that claim to remove odors)
- Cure a hangover with honey (you’ll feel better quickly, and get plenty of enzymes from the honey!)
- Remove red wine stains with white wine (forget buying specialty wine stain removers filled with chemicals)
- Don’t make your pet a vegetarian because it can kill them (your pets are carnivores who need a variety of nutrients)
- Onions and garlic accelerate hair growth (don’t use prescription drugs, try these healthy foods instead)
These are just a few of the tricks that you’ll find in Life Hacks. There’s 1,000 of them listed, so you’ll likely find something that will work for you!
Disclosure: I received a copy of the book Life Hacks for review. All opinions expressed are my own.